Cupboard Cooking: Lentil Salad with Balsamic Roasted Carrots and Bergamotte Vinaigrette
Before going on vacation I don’t like to buy to much vegetables because it won’t be fresh anymore when back home. Yes, I’m on vacation! And I was so happy this morning to wake up with anticipation for new experience. I traveled to Copenhagen yesterday, so I needed to be creative on my lunch having in mind that food at the airport and on the plane won’t be very satisfying. The good thing, not having anything in the fridge forces you to be creative on foodpairing - and I really love that because it produces on of the best ideas!
What I had in the fridge was carrots - and I always have carrots in winter - and a bergamotte lemon. I was obliged to investigate my cupboard and found lentils, almonds, sardines and dried herbs.
- 60 g de Puy Lentils
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 ml white wine or 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- vegetable broth or water
- 1 carrot
- 1 sardine tin
- 1 bergamot lemon
- 1 tsp fresh or dried herbs (basil, tarragon)
- 1 laurel leaf
- 1/4 tsp cardamom, anise
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- Cut the carrots and sprinkle them with salt and pepper, add balsamic vinegar. Bake for about 30 Min. on 200°C.
- Chop the onion and cook it in 1 tbsp of oil until translucent. Add the white wine. Let simmer a few minutes until the liquid has evaporated. Add a little bit of vegetable broth or water and the laurel leaf. Let simmer. Add water and so on, like cooking a risotto. After 15-20 min. your lentils should be ready.
- For the vinaigrette mix 1/2 tbsp bergamot peal with cardamom, anise, salt, pepper, lemon juice and oil. Mix with the lentils, add sardines and carrots on top of your salad.
Created - Vor 3 Monaten
This post has - 4 Anmerkungen