Musée de la Gourmandise and Chestnut-Cookies
I was thinking about how to create a cookie recipe without using butter and less sugar. I ran out of lactase, so I can’t eat dairy products at this moment - hard christmas time. I remembered the sweet taste of chestnuts and was excited about how it will work out to use them for my christmas bakery - a similar idea like Elisenlebkuchen which basically consist of nuts and dried fruits.
For 20-30 Cookies:
- 200 g precooked chestnuts
- 100 g buckwheat flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp gingerbread spice
- 100 g ground almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 medjool dates
- 50 g candied orange peel (orangeat)
- 1 tsp orange blossom water (optional)
- 2 tsp cacao nibs (optional)
- 2 tbsp date sirup (or more if you want)
- Mix the dry ingredients, mash the chestnuts.
- Heat the oven on 175°C.
- Incorporate orange blossom water, the egg, orange peel, dates and the date sirup into the dry mixture. Knead with your hands until obtaining a sticky dough.
- Place little heaps of dough on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 Min.
Created - Vor 5 Monaten
This post has - 10 Anmerkungen